Before startig a trip with your pet, you must take in account that the movements of pets are regulated by community or national health regulations to ensure the animal and peoples health.Failure to follow these rules lead to unpleasent situations for the animals and their owners, with the immobilization of pets in quarantine or the re-expedition of the animal to the country of origin. In this publication, Aena and the Ministry of Food and Environment offer basic information on the sanitary regulations. Regulation UE 577 // 2013. Ed. 2014
Animals NOT permitted:Pit Bull Terrier, Staff Ordshire Bull Terrier, American Staff odshire Terrier, Rottweiler, Dogo Argentino, Filar Brasileiro, Tosa Inu and Akita Inu, and also depending on their physical complexión, musculature, height and weight.
Breeds with speacial care:Brachycephalic animals. Cats and dogs that have an excessively short snout, flat and a proportionally wide head. Fo the safety of these animals we can not transport some breeds of dogs and cats in the aircraft hold because they are at a higher risk of heat shock and breathing disorders when exposed to stress or high temperatures, if you have any of these pets, you can only take it with you on board as long as it complies with the conditions for cabin transportation. The breeds are the following:
- Dogs: Boston Terrier, Boxer (all breeds), Bull Dog (all breeds), Bull Terrier, Brussels Griff On, Chow Chow, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Spaniel/ Japanese Chin, Mastiff (all breeds), Pekingese, Pit Bull (all breeds), Pug or Carlino, Shih Tzu, Staff ordshire Terrier, Shar Pei, Aff Epinsher.
- Cats: Burmese, Exotic Shorthair, Himalayan, Persian.
Acceptance in the cabinFor the animal to be accepted in the cabin, it must follow the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 10 weeks and have the required vaccines.
- The animal must travel in a suitable container; consistent, ventilated, waterproof and safe bottom.
- Maximum allowed weight including the container or cage will be 8kg.
- The container or cage must follow the next size: lengh 55 cm, width 40 cm and depth 23cm.
ACCEPTANCE IN THE AIRPLANE HOLDAny animal that does not follow these conditions to be able to travel in the cabin, must travel in the airplane hold and must fulfill the following requirements:
- Dogs considered potentially dangerous (RD 287/2002) must be muzzled.
- Animals should be transported in rigid containers approved by IATA with a metal door that closes firmly (without locks) that guarantees no opening at any time.
Requirements for the entry of animals into Venezuelan territoryThe General Consulate informs about the requirements established by the National Institute of Integral Agricultural Health that must be followed by any person wishing to take in animals in Venezuelan territory. The user is reminded that this procedure is not managed or presented to the General Consulate, but that the precautions detailed below must be delivered or made upon when the arrival in Venezuela:
- Valid Anti-Rábica Vaccination Certificate (Original and Copy) , (valid for one year).
- Current International Health Certificate (Original and Copy) , stating that the specimen to be imported, was submitted to an evaluation and that at the time of this, it did not present signs or symptoms of any infectious-contagious disease (validity of 1 month).
- Valid Vaccination Card (Original and Copy) , issued by a veterinarian authorized or accredited by the competent authorities of the country of origin, which shows the application of vaccines (Sextuple in case of Canine and triple in Feline) and identify the lot, expiration date, product name (validity of 1 year).
- Proof of Internal and External Deworming Effective (Original and Copy) , containing the complete identification of the product used and the date of application thereof (Validity of 3 months).
- Zoosanitary Export Certificate for Pets (canines and felines) of the country of origin issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin.
- Identification Microchip for pets (Canines and / or Felines): pets that are going to enter Venezuela from the European Union and England must have a microchip of identification of 12 to 15 digits and the test of Neutralizing Antibodies of Rabies or in your defect present a copy and original of your passport.
- Requirements for the Importation of animals that are different from canines and felines are requested: Import permit issued by the Institute of Integral Agricultural Health (INSAI) and the permit issued by the Ministry of the Environment .
- Health permit for the movement of animals and plants : "Bank deposit or deposit in the name of the INSAI of 0.5 UT, as established in article 81, paragraph 32 of the Comprehensive Agricultural Health Law, which will be carried out at the Simón Bolívar International Airport of Maiquetía, Piso 3 Customs precinct in the INSAI Airport Office (Passenger Section), for the issuance of the mobilization guide. This information is available on the Institute's official website : http://www.insai.gob.ve
Requirements for issuing animal export permits
- Bank deposit or deposit in the name of the INSAI of 5 UT for each request (Article 81 number 38 of the Comprehensive Agricultural Health Law).
- Original and Copy of Certificate of International Health in force , stating that the specimen to be exported was subjected to an evaluation and that, at the time of this, it did not present signs or symptoms of any infectious contagious disease. For the MERCOSUR countries it must be issued 10 days before the trip.
- Original and Copy of National Certificate of Vaccination Anti-Rábica Vigente , with a lapse of emission greater than 30 continuous days to the date of the trip and no greater than one year of validity. For MERCOSUR countries in the case of animals primed for rabies, the permit will be authorized once twenty-one (21) days have elapsed since the application, in the case that the animal is less than three (03) months old, the veterinarian must declare that he is free of the disease as long as he has not been in epidemiological zones.
- Original and Copy of the Valid Vaccination Card , which shows the application of vaccines, (Sextuple in case of Canine and triple in Feline) and identify the lot, expiration date, name of the product used. (Except MERCOSUR).
- Original and Copy of Proof of Internal and External Deworming Effective , containing the complete identification of the product used and the date of application thereof. For the MERCOSUR countries it must be issued 15 days before the trip.
- Application of a MICROCHIP of 12 to 15 digits identification to pets traveling to the European Union.
- Original and Copy of the Rabies Neutralizing Antibody Test , for pets traveling to the European Union. Which must be done in the Reference Laboratories or Certified by the OIE.
- Original and Copy of the Letter of Residence , for the issuance of the permit only and exclusively for owners of pets residing in the islands of ARUBA, BONAIRE, CURAZAO, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
- Coprological Examination , applies only to the countries belonging to MERCOSUR.
- Leishmaniosis discard test , applies only to countries belonging to MERCOSUR.
- - The veterinarians who issue the certificates described above, must be registered with the INSAI as professionals.
- - Pets under three months of age, can not travel to any country of the European Union; This is because canines and cats under three (03) months of age are not vaccinated against rabies.
- A lapse of eight (08) business days is specified for the issuance of the permit.
- Validity of the permit (30) thirty continuous days.
- The application process for the permit can be carried out by the user or a person duly authorized in writing by the owner or person who is going to travel with the pet.
- The permit will be issued in the name of the person with whom the pet is traveling.
- The INSAI will authorize the issuance of the permit after the review of the documents consigned by the interested party, to the technical personnel of the Directorate of Integral Animal Health - INSAI. In case any irregularity is found in them, the person or user who requested the service will be notified immediately to make the corrections of the case. At the time of making the request, place a contact telephone number of the user.
- Each pet for international travel must go in a new or used kennel (special cage), in good condition, washed and disinfected. The personnel of INSAI and personnel of the transport company will inspect it. The pet will go in air cargo or in cabin as established by the airline.
- The guide dogs have preferential treatment because they are the company of blind people, in this case to solve with the transport company.
- To consign the permit application documentation, the person concerned should contact:
- You must register on the INSAI RUNSAI system page.
- The box office of the INSAI is located in the Av. FRANCISCO DE MIRANDA WITH 3RA AVENIDA DE LOS PALOS GRANDES, TORRE PARQUE CRISTAL, WEST, FLAT 2, OFFICE 2-3 CARACAS.
- Hours of service to users nationwide (except Nueva Esparta), is Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
PETS FOR THERAPY OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORTWe welcome on board the pets that assist our passengers. h3>Emotional support or therapy pet Provides emotional support or serves a therapeutic purpose for people with disabilities We ensure the service for flights operated and booked with Plus Ultra when the request has been made at least 48 hours before the departure of the flight. The pet must comply with the weight and measures stipulated by the company, present in this article. Any animal, which exceeds the limitations or does not meet the requirements, can not make the trip. Neither is transportation allowed as a therapy dog or emotional support to those belonging to races classified as dangerous (as determined by Spanish Royal Decree 287/2002, of March 22).
RequirementsThe supporting documentation must be provided, issued within 1 year prior to the flight, signed by a doctor or a registered professional specialized in mental health, certifying that:
- There is a special mental or emotional need recognized in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders".
- The dog of emotional support or psychiatric assistance is needed to be able to travel by plane or to carry out any activity in its destination.
- The evaluating person is a doctor or a collegiate professional specialized in mental health and is the one who normally attends him.
- Date and type of license of the doctor or professional, as well as the region or jurisdiction in which it was issued.
Limitations on cabin transportationAs they are not dogs that have received specific training (unlike guide dogs) and in order to preserve the safety in flight and the welfare of the dog, their size and weight should be considered when accepting them on the flight:
- Small pets up to 8 Kgs (including their transport container) can be carried as additional carry-on baggage in the aircraft cabin.
- Medium / large pets (+ 8 kgs): they will have to travel in the cellar without additional cost.
* The cost of services purchased on the web will only be refundable if the rate allows.