Each passenger is allowed to carry a package of a maximum of 8kg. (1 piece) in tourist class and 16kg. (2 pieces) in business class and in all cases the maximum measures are 55x40x20 cm or the sum of lengh + width + height does not exceed 115cm. It must be able to be located in the closed top trunks or under the passengers seat.
(If the baggage exceeds the allowed measures it will be removed at the boarding gate)
In addition to this package, passengers may transport the following items without any charges:
- A purse, wallet or purse that is suitable for normal travel clothing and is not used as a container for transporting items that would otherwise be considered baggage
- A reasonable amount of reading for the flight
- A coat or travel blanket
- An umbrella and / or cane
- A camera and / or binoculars
- A laptop
- A basket / cradle to carry babies
- Infant food for consumption in flight
- A folding wheelchair and / or a pair of crutches or other prosthetic devices as long as they are indispensable for the passenger
All these items are transported free of charge apart from the baggage allowance, provided that the passenger carries them with them in the cabin during the flight, with the exception of wheelchairs for handicapped passengers and strollers for babies, which must necessarily be invoiced and transported in the the aircraft's hold, although passengers are allowed to keep it with them during boarding until the plane's foot, where they must be handed over to the company's coordinator for entry into the hold. In case you travel in connection with another airline, check the hand baggage allowance limit allowed, since it may be different in each company.
European Union regulation for the transport of liquids
The EU in its current regulations restricts the amount of liquids, gels, creams and / or aerosols allowed in carry-on luggage. These restrictions affect all passengers and flights departing and / or transit at the airports of the member states of the European Union. (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom , Sweden and also the airports of Norway, Iceland and Switzerland.
It will be allowed to carry inside a clear plastic bag, 1 liter capacity and with adhesive or zipper closure, personal care items in 100 ml containers. max./unity. These containers must be contained in transparent re-sealable plastic bags with a capacity not exceeding 1 liter. The contents of the plastic bag should have enough slack and the bag should be completely closed. Liquids include gels, pastes, lotions, liquid / solid mixtures and the contents of pressurized containers, such as toothpaste, hair gel, beverages, soups, syrups, perfume, shaving foam, aerosols and other articles of similar consistency.
Exceptions may be authorized when the liquid:
- is to be used during the trip whether it is a medicine or a special dietary need, including baby food; when requested, the passenger must be able to confirm the authenticity of the authorized liquid, or
- has been acquired in the area of operations past the checkpoint of boarding passes, at points of sale subject to approved safety procedures as part of the airport's safety program, and is packaged in a tamper-proof bag that offers sufficient samples that the purchase was made at that precise airport, on that precise day, or
- has been acquired at points of sale located in the security restricted area subject to programs of
security approved as part of the airport security program, or
- has been purchased at another Community airport and is packaged in a tamper-proof bag that provides sufficient evidence that the purchase was made in the area of operations at that precise airport on that precise day, or
- has been purchased on an aircraft of a Community air carrier and is packaged in a tamper-proof bag that provides sufficient evidence that the purchase was made on board that precise aircraft on that precise day, or
- has been acquired in sales establishments located within the area of operations past the checkpoint of the boarding passes or in a restricted security area of an airport located in a third country of those indicated in Appendix 1 of the REGULATION (EC ) No 820/2008 OF THE COMMISSION of 8 August 2008 laying down measures for the application of the common basic rules of aviation security.
Substances affected by this regulation
Liquids including all types of beverages (also water), perfumes, soups, lotions, oils, gels, hair gel, pastes (including toothpaste), mascara, creams, solid / liquid mixtures, sprays, foams shaving, sprays, deodorants, creams and other items of similar consistency. Of similar consistency are: chocolate paste, butter, peanut butter, mascara, lip gloss, gloss, yogurt, fresh cheese, spreadable cheese, spray deodorants, roll-on deodorant. They are not considered to be of similar consistency: powder makeup, rouge, lipstick, talcum powder, hard consistency cheeses, chocolate paste, butter, peanut butter sandwiches.
Passengers in transit
- Liquids acquired on a flight originating from the EU airport: they may be carried on subsequent flights provided they are contained in closed bags with a special closure to verify that they have not been tampered with, including proof of purchase on the same bag.
- Liquids acquired on a flight from an airport in a third country: there is no guarantee that these liquids have been controlled in any way, and therefore can not be transported in carry-on baggage on subsequent flights, except as provided in point 6 above.
Purchases on board
- Liquids acquired on a flight operated by an airline of the European Union: May be carried on subsequent flights while they are contained in closed bags with a special closure to verify that has not been tampered with, including proof of purchase on the same bag .
- Liquids acquired on a flight operated by a third-country airline: They can not be carried in carry-on baggage on subsequent flights within the EU
Baggage in additional seat
The passenger can request an additional seat to transport in the cabin certain luggage of great value or fragile nature (musical instruments, works of art, etc ...) under his personal custody.